Zonar Connect Made Generally Available
ELD Ready and AOBRD Self Certified Smart Fleet Tablet Software Platform Allows Fleets to Customize and Upgrade for Future Growth
Zonar, the leader in smart fleet management technology, today announced that the Zonar Connect™, its next generation tablet and software ecosystem that empowers commercial fleets to take greater control of their operations is generally available. Connect is ELD ready and AOBRD self-certified which allows fleets to avoid hours of service (HOS) violations, maintain a low Compliance Safety and Accountability (CSA) score and comply with the ELD Mandate going into effect December 2017.
Unlike other options in the commercial fleet marketplace, Connect’s smart fleet platform is faster, more responsive and readily customizable to allow fleets to seamlessly enter the next era in fleet management technology. The ruggedized, high-performance, easy-to-use tablet delivers management tools for commercial vehicle operations including compliance, safety and efficiency monitoring.
"Connect has fleets covered – whether its ELD readiness, using an AOBRD device to grandfather in two years until you move to ELD mandate compliance, or investing in a platform that can meet your needs today and tomorrow," said Larry Jordan, senior vice president of product management at Zonar. "Connect enables small carriers to deploy the latest generation technology right out of the box, while also providing the flexibility to large fleets with proprietary systems to develop their own apps for the platform."
Connect's tablet-based platform enables vehicles, driver/operators and fleet managers with critical information such as vehicle health, efficiency, driver hours of service, performance, data capture, compliance, safety and asset utilization.
Connect also has the ease of use of everyday consumer devices with the power and ruggedization needed for commercial vehicles. With it, drivers and operators can streamline daily tasks, such as pre- and post-trip inspections; hours of service logging with Roadside View™ for compliance inspections; communicating with fleet management; documenting deliveries; navigating routes; and — in the case of passenger services — verifying ridership. The tablet also equips drivers and operators with tools that ensure adherence to a broad range of safety and compliance regulations.Key features:
- Powered by a Quad-Core processor, 2GB of built-in memory and 32GB of storage for enhanced speed and responsiveness
- Scalable Android™ platform supports options for third-party and custom Zonar apps to increase driver productivity and fleet compliance
- Compliant with Automatic On-Board Recording Device (AOBRD) and Hours of Service regulations
- Ready for the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) mandate with capability for over-the-air software updates
- LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity keeps drivers connected to fleet managers, dispatch and operations
- Constructed with a ruggedized hardware design and a Dragontrail™ Glass screen to endure harsh conditions
- Seamlessly integrates with Zonar’s Ground Traffic Control® web portal and third-party programs including maintenance, payroll, navigation, workforce management software and more
Read more information on Zonar Connect™
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Headquartered in Seattle, Zonar also has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle, a regional office in Cincinnati, and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. Find out more about Zonar Systems.