You’ve done everything required of your business to make sure your fleet is compliant with driver-logging regulations through Automatic On-Board Recording Devices (AOBRDs), and now a new mandate requires you to switch to Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs) by December 16th, 2019. Take this expert advice from Zonar’s Vice President of Compliance into consideration when making the transition to ELDs – plan ahead without missing a step.
- Learn what the major differences are in requirements for ELD vs. AOBRD
- Schedule the transition with your provider in advance to avoid delays
- Allow time for your dispatchers, maintenance, and IT to learn how business processes will change
- Make sure drivers have the proper training to use the new device
- Maintain access to historical data when the new device is activated