Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Zonar integrates Continental's ContiPressureCheck
This revolutionary offering from Continental and Zonar decreases tire breakdowns, reduces overall fuel consumption and extends tire life—ultimately driving dramatic cost savings and improving safety outcomes for companies using Zonar's smart fleet management solutions.
What are the impacts of underinflated tires?
- Increased fuel consumption, higher fuel costs
- Breakdowns, costs of standstill / downtimes
- Reduced tread life, higher lifetime costs
- Poor vehicle handling
- Increased stopping distance
- Loss of control in curve or lane changes
- Reduced tread life
- Increased fuel consumption, higher CO2 output
- Environmental costs from blowout debris
How ContiPressureCheck works with Zonar
Zonar’s Ground Traffic Control® provides the most accessible real-time picture of fleet operations. To access tire data in Ground Traffic Control, the fleet simply needs to install the ContiPressureCheck tire pressure monitoring system—consisting of tire sensors, a central processor, and an optional in-cab display. By integrating information from the ContiPressureCheck system with Ground Traffic Control, fleet managers are alerted of early warning diagnostics for low tire pressure via text, email notifications or reports in Ground Traffic Control. Fault codes can be read remotely by fleet operations at the same time the driver sees an in-vehicle indicator lamp to streamline preventative maintenance and on-road performance.
Why is proper tire inflation important?
- According to the Technology & Maintenance Council of the American Trucking Association, a constant 20 percent underinflation in a commercial vehicle tire increases tread wear by 25 percent and reduces the tire lifetime by 30 percent.
- Underinflation of just 10 psi reduces fuel economy by one percent.
- Improper tire inflation increases total tire-related costs by approximately $600 to $800 annually per tractor-trailer combination.