Zonar + BusPatrol Stop-arm camera safety program
Let’s protect student riders.
During the 2018-2019 school year, more than 17 million stop-arm violations occurred throughout the U.S. And now, the importance of sanitization and an efficient fleet is more critical than ever. With a shared mission to keep student riders safe, Zonar and BusPatrol have partnered to make their journey safer—on the bus and just outside of it—with leading smart fleet management technology and a comprehensive stop-arm camera enforcement program. No cost to you, no catch. Details further on but first, meet the technology.
Safe inside the bus.
From the moment students board their bus to when they get off, their safety is in your hands. That means making sure the bus itself is a safe place to be.
- Upgrade to Electronic Verified Inspection Reporting (EVIR) to make sure every pre- and post-trip inspection is performed properly.
- Standardize, monitor and verify complicated sanitization protocols that comply with the FTA’s safety advisory.
- Know which student got on and off the bus, where and at what time with Zonar Z Pass student ridership visibility.
- Proactively coach bus drivers in the moment to perform more safely and prevent accidents.
- Prevent bus breakdowns through greater insight into each school bus’s performance, operation and health.
Safe getting on and off.
When drivers pass a school bus with its stop-arm extended, student riders’ lives are at risk. And yet, millions of stop-arm violations occur throughout the U.S. each school year. As part of its seamless stop-arm enforcement program, BusPatrol handles every aspect of running a successful stop-arm camera safety program for you.
- When a driver passes a stopped bus with its stop-arm extended, the stop-arm camera automatically records the violation.
- BusPatrol compiles the evidence into a package, which it provides to law enforcement.
- Law enforcement reviews the evidence and issues the stop-arm violator a citation.
- Violators pay their fines, which cover the entire cost of the Zonar smart fleet management technology and BusPatrol stop-arm enforcement program.
Fines for stop-arm violators are a start, but not enough. BusPatrol is working with communities to change the culture of driving through its comprehensive stop-arm camera program.
Violators fund the technology entirely, not you.
Zonar and BusPatrol have partnered to offer an exclusive, comprehensive school bus safety technology package to safeguard your entire fleet and enhance its operations. Fines paid by stop-arm violators cover the hardware, installation and service costs of both solutions. No upfront capital outlay, operating or management costs for you. Find out if this technology package is available in your area and how to participate.
Features and Capabilities
- Complete stop-arm enforcement program
- Automated stop-arm cameras and technology
- Secure student ridership verification
- Electronically verified inspection reporting
- Real-time driver coaching
- Choice of smart fleet management package