Why stolen fleet vehicles are lost
Rising costs and supply shortages make high-value fleet vehicles hot targets for thieves. But recovery isn’t always as easy as the theft.
- Drivers leave vehicles idling to perform another task.
- Construction and specialized utilities vehicles can be driven directly to chop shops, or illegally shipped out of the country.
- Renters can’t be contacted when the rentals aren’t returned on time.
- Some drivers tamper with the on-board TCU to hide their movements.
- Fleet managers without online access to real-time GPS location can’t track the vehicle.
How to assist in recovery
Outfit each high-value fleet vehicle with precise GPS tracking to monitor its movements online. Instead of just filing a police report.
- Install a tamper-resistant TCU that drivers can’t deactivate, and that thieves can’t see.
- Choose one with advanced GPS instead of scheduled ping rates.
- Track stolen vehicles online, in real time, to aid law enforcement.
- Remotely locate lost or unreturned rental and leased vehicles.
- Create geofenced areas and be notified if a vehicle is driven outside an authorized area.
What you need in GPS tracking
Always know high-value vehicles’ locations. The Zonar V4™ TCU features real-time GPS so you can locate vehicles online, any time.
- Capture precise location data with HD GNSS positioning services that use a variety of satellites.
- Senses all vehicle activity and logs the GPS location instead of using a ping location schedule.
- Uploads GPS location data to Zonar Ground Traffic Control® for real-time online tracking.
- Installs under the dashboard, where it can’t be seen, reached and disabled.
- Monitor real-time vehicle locations any time on your mobile app.
- Meets IP67 and IP69K ratings with operational temps of -40°F to 185°F.