Did you make ELD mandate timeline?
ELD implementation takes time.
As of December 16, 2019, all carriers and drivers subject to the mandate should have an ELD solution fully implemented. Whether you’re looking to replace a current provider or you’re still working toward compliance, our dedicated team of safety and compliance experts will support you every step of the process—and even after implementation.Learn more about how we’ll support your ELD compliance efforts. Then, when you’re ready, contact our team for your complimentary consultation.
The ELD mandate became effective in phases.
If you’re curious, take a moment to see key milestones on the road to the 2019 ELD deadline and what each phase looks like. For more Information about how an ELD solution works, see our ELD Mandate Infographic.
Each phase is a step toward the deadline.
- Final ELD rule is published
December 18, 2017
- Two-year period after the ELD mandate was published
- Time for carriers and drivers subject to the rule to prepare for compliance
- Allowed for AOBRDs or ELDs to be installed
December 15, 2019
- Two-year period from the compliance date to the final compliance deadline
- All commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) must have either a certified, registered ELD or an AOBRD that was installed prior to December 18, 2017
- Requires that only ELD devices be installed from this point on
- All CMVs must use certified, registered ELDs that comply with ELD mandate
- AOBRDs no longer qualify as compliant, even if originally grandfathered