Why your fleet consumes too much fuel
Big or small, every drop of wasted fuel adds up. Problem is that there are endless ways to waste fuel without realizing it.
- Planned routes fail to account for traffic, terrain, weather, load and vehicle type.
- Drivers leave vehicles running at stops, to warm the engine, and so on.
- Some drivers use the vehicle for personal errands or other unauthorized purposes.
- Improperly maintained vehicles use more fuel than if they were in peak condition.
- Fuel theft goes unnoticed, thieves go unquestioned, and theft continues.
How to rein in those inefficiencies
Measure real-world fuel use with metrics tailored to each vehicle and trip. See where—and how—fuel is used, then implement plans to use less.
- Identify fleetwide and individual activities, trends and driving habits that waste fuel.
- Tailor routes to each vehicle, destination, terrain and load for each trip.
- Build fuel-saving strategies that work when put to work in the real world.
- Coach drivers, and implement a data-based program to reward efficient performers.
- Identify and address unauthorized vehicle use.
- Look for red flags that may signal internal or external fuel theft.
What you need in a fuel tracking solution
Zonar ZFuel™ is a report within in Zonar Ground Traffic Control®. ZFuel measures the whole trip, not just MPG. You translate those metrics into strategies, behaviors and policies that save fuel.
- Track each vehicle’s real-world metrics per trip for a detailed look its actual fuel usage.
- Compare your real-world driver against a hypothetical perfect driver with the same variables. Then coach your driver.
- Measure performance fairly with Driver Efficiency Scores, which take into account variables that drivers can’t control.
- Set informed idling thresholds that match company policies, and alerts when a vehicle exceeds those thresholds.
- Look for unplanned or unexplained purchases, and amounts that exceed gas tank capacity.