Why HoS errors still happen
ELD malfunctions. Hard-to-use devices. Lack of training. Drivers still earn easy, common violations that place them out of service.
- Drivers falsify their record of duty status (RODS), accidentally or to avoid going over.
- They can’t provide their RODS, sometimes because the ELD malfunctions.
- Previous 7 days of RODS haven’t been retained and can’t be provided when requested.
- Personal conveyance hasn’t been properly used or recorded.
- Duty period or drivetime limits are exceeded, often by drivers accepting—or driver managers assigning—too many hours.
How to avoid violations
Start with a certified, user-friendly ELD solution that makes compliance easier for dispatchers, drivers and enforcement officers.
- Alerts drivers when they’re approaching their hour limit.
- Makes entering personal conveyance simple.
- Displays real-time driver hours for dispatchers via a secure online portal.
- Integrates with other driver tools for streamlined workflows and usability.
- Automatically updates itself to log against latest regulations.
What you need in an ELD
Zonar Logs™ is built for drivers and informed by experts. Certified and self-updating, our ELD makes compliance easier.
- Streamline roadside inspections with log certifications and built-in data transfers.
- Prevent violations with real-time clocks and in-cab warnings.
- See each driver’s real-time duty status and available hours.
- Suggest log edits and assign unidentified driving time to maintain accuracy.
- Identify vehicle malfunctions and the drivers they impact.
- Self-certified with the U.S. FMCSA to meet U.S. ELD regulations.
- Third-party certified for use by Canadian fleets and federally regulated carriers crossing the U.S. and Canada border.