Why speeding tickets add up
Speeding is one of the top five CMV violation categories. Understand common reasons to prevent it and its associated citations.
- Fleet drivers are under pressure to meet deadlines, schedules and delivery dates.
- Exhausted and distracted drivers are less aware of their vehicle’s speed.
- Weather such as rain, snow, fog and ice make speed management more difficult.
- Untracked light-duty vehicles are vulnerable to unsafe driving.
- Minor speeding tickets are easy to let slide.
- Drivers sometimes speed up to avoid a collision, but the context is lost.
- Some fleets lack a strong culture of safety that holds drivers accountable.
How to reduce fleetwide speeding
Install a smart dashcam that scans the road, reads speed limit signs, and audibly alerts drivers.
- Hold drivers accountable for traveling at safe, posted speeds.
- Enable them to self-correct their speed before earning a citation.
- Increase in-the-moment driver awareness to help curb habitual speeding.
- Capture footage of events that may have contributed to the speeding event.
- Verify if citation matches video of posted speed sign, vehicle TCU data and driver claim for possible exoneration.
- Strengthen your culture of safety with data-based driver recognition.
What you need in a smart dashcam
Zonar Coach™ analyzes the road ahead and captures behavior behind the wheel for a greater understanding.
- 720p HD dashcam lens recognizes live speed signs as the driver passes.
- Audibly alerts drivers when it detects speeding so they can self-correct.
- Detects and records distracted driving, even at night.
- Records video of the speeding event for driver and office to review.
- Transmits footage and data to the cloud for online, anytime evaluation.
- Driver Scorecards for recognizing safe drivers and coaching those who need it.
- Forward-facing dashcam option available.