Zonar is pleased to announce the winners of its first annual All Star Awards program. The program was established to celebrate exemplary and unique fleet management programs and projects from customers.
Organizations recognized for excellence in leveraging Zonar to drive efficiency, cost savings, safety, compliance and green initiatives
Seattle Wash. - July 25, 2019 - Zonar, the leader in smart fleet management technology, is pleased to announce the winners of its first annual All Star Awards program. With Gold, Silver and Bronze tier winners, the program was established to celebrate exemplary and unique fleet management programs and projects from customers that led to increased safety, compliance with federal and state regulations, and financial savings and business insights resulting in overall efficiencies.
The winners were determined by an experienced panel of industry experts including Neil Abt, editorial director at Fleet Owner; Susan Beardslee, lead analyst at ABI Research and Ryan Gray, editor-in-chief of School Transportation News who evaluated all submissions. Organizations nominated programs or projects using Zonar solutions that helped solve a business challenge and resulted in a positive outcome across six categories: Efficiency, Cost Savings, Safety, Compliance, Green Initiative, and a write-in category.
Gold All Star winners showcased the most distinctive Zonar-driven fleet management efforts. Those winners include:
- North Port Solid Waste Division leveraged Zonar solutions to save fuel and overall costs while improving employee morale. It also enhanced its service and accountability regarding pickups and validity of speeding events to the city’s over 70,000 residents.
- First Student of Western New York raised its pre-trip inspection compliance rate to 94% on its over 1000 bus fleet, by using Zonar solutions. Its efforts ensure no students are left unattended on buses and a great reduction of speeding events overall.
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools easily integrated the data it receives from Zonar devices into its GIS systems, leading to improved bus stop times and increased parent confidence and peace of mind.
- Shelby Eastern Schools gained more than $40,000 in savings in one school year by harnessing its raw fleet data into actionable insights for better routing and equipment purchases using Zonar technology.
"Capturing the value from technology – whether measured in improved safety, organization performance or happier clients and customers – helps leading transportation organizations meet any challenge that comes down the road," said Ian McKerlich, president and CEO of Zonar. "We applaud our customers who are leading the way in applying transportation technology to improve their results and their competitive position in their respective industries."
Additional Zonar All Stars include:
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District
- Dee Bus Service, Inc.
- Houston Independent School District
- Seman Tov Inc.
- CS&P Technologies
- National Flatbed, LLC
- Occupational Training Center - Recycling Department
- B & G Trucking
- Sheppard Bus Service
- Santee School District
- East Baton Rouge Council of Aging
- South Putnam Community Schools
- Southland Transportation
- Zuni Public-School District 89
- Cook-Illinois Corp.
- Pepsi Co.
- Trius Trucking
- Specialized Waste Solutions, Inc.
- Ritchie Trucking
"Our gold winners, which span across different industries, all demonstrated a willingness to approach challenges with a fearless and boundless attitude," said Gareth Wade, chief revenue officer at Zonar. "Not only did they enhance their organizations’ safety and productivity using Zonar solutions, they also showed how the benefits they experienced helped their communities thrive."
Gold All Star winners will be invited to attend Zonar’s User Group meeting at its headquarters and an exclusive dinner with the Zonar leadership team, with flight and accommodations included in an all-expense trip to Seattle, WA. Gold and Silver All Star winners will receive up to $50 in Zonar-branded collateral. All tiers will receive a Zonar All Star trophy.
For more information on the All Stars Program, please visit:
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management solutions throughout vocational, pupil, mass transit and commercial trucking industries. Zonar helps fleets of all sizes maximize the use of their assets with solutions dedicated to improving compliance, efficiency, maintenance, ridership visibility, safety and tracking. Cloud-based services with open API's drive Zonar's smart fleet solutions by making it easy for fleet owners and managers to stay connected to their fleets and drivers and operators to dispatch. Headquartered in Seattle and majority-owned by technology company Continental, Zonar also has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle, a regional office in Cincinnati, and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. For more information about Zonar, go to www.zonarsystems.com
Product Images (high res)