Stout's TransportationCustomer Spotlight
Operating a fleet of 100 vehicles across three states is no small task. The key to success is properly maintained vehicles for minimal downtime and optimal safety. This combination results in business continuity, consistent revenue, and most important, satisfied customers. These business goals are paramount to Stout's Transportation of New Jersey, and they partner with Zonar because both companies put customers at the center of the business operations and ensure customer satisfaction is met or exceeded.
Stout's is a long-time partner of Zonar and has integrated its technology into their business operations for more than three years. Stout's selected Zonar because they are pioneers of smart fleet management technology, they can anticipate transportation needs and trends, and they solve business-critical problems.
"Zonar is our technology partner to ensure our customers receive reliable, safe and trustworthy transportation," said Richard Tisone, Fleet Maintenance Director at Stout's Transportation. "Consistent and proactive maintenance on our fleet of vehicles result in fewer breakdowns, increased safety and top-notch customer service. In fact, the Stout's vehicle out-of-service rate is less than 2%...where the national average is nearly 21%. We have always celebrated our superior performance rating, and adopting Zonar’s technology gives us the extra assurance to know our vehicles are working and our customers are satisfied."
Stout's suite of Zonar solutions include: Ground Traffic Control®, Zonar V3™, Zonar EVIR® (Electronic Verified Inspection Reporting) and Zonar Connect™ tablet.
Zonar V3 telematics control units provide high-definition GPS fleet tracking with live delivery of vehicle performance, subsystem and diagnostic information to the back office web portal Ground Traffic Control in one simple-to-install device. In fact, Rich Tisone calls the V3 "the brains of the operation." Stouts depends on the V3 to identify performance issues, solve maintenance issues, and ensure ultimate safety while the vehicles are transporting customers. For example:
- The V3 can detect if the check engine light comes on and instantly notify headquarters of the specific problem, such as possible overheating. This allows headquarters to communicate with the drivers, so they can take action to prevent a breakdown.
- The V3 also can identify if the vehicle needs a replacement part, such as a new windshield wiper, and headquarters can instantly order the part and have it waiting for the driver upon return for an instant fix.
- The V3 provides real-time tracking so Headquarters knows where the vehicles are at all times and how the driver is performing. Drivers can be notified if performance needs to be adjusted.
- The V3 GPS system helps improve safety while drivers are en route. For example, drivers can be notified if they are approaching a low or underweight bridge, and they can re-route accordingly.
Zonar's patented EVIR technology improves and simplifies the pre- and posttrip inspection process, and entirely eliminates paper-based reporting. Zonar Connect is a fast and powerful in-vehicle tablet which instantly connects bus drivers and fleet managers. Together, the solution ensures Tisone has increased visibility into their vehicle performance, maintenance and compliance. For example:
- Integrating EVIR and the Zonar Connect tablet into the inspection process ensures reports took place, are automated, accurate and improve compliance with federally mandated record requirements. For example, before automating the process, the Stout’s team had to manage hundreds of slips of paper that could be misplaced or difficult to read.
- EVIR and Connect result in consistent and regular inspections, and therefore fewer breakdowns for vehicles and improved safety for customers.
- For drivers, Connect, efficiently and reliably streamlines daily tasks for efficiency and time-savings. Included on the Connect is Zonar Logs™, an ELD self-certified, 3rd party validated, and FMCSA tested, hours of service (HOS) software, which enables drivers to comply with HOS rules including the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Mandate.
- Fleet managers and dispatch gain insight into everything that’s happening—or not happening—on the road, on-site or in the yard.
Solutions and Results
By deploying Zonar smart fleet management technology, Stout's Transportation has:
- Minimized downtime: Zonar V3
- Improved compliance: Zonar V3 and Zonar Logs
- Streamlined inspection and increased safety: EVIR and Connect
Headquarters in New Jersey with nationwide operations
- Zonar V3™
- Zonar Electronic Verified Inspection Reporting (EVIR®)
- Zonar Connect™ Tablet
- Ground Traffic Control®
Zonar helped Stout's Transportation achieve:
- Efficient maintenance systems
- Minimal vehicle downtown
- Improved compliance
- Reduction of overhead and waste