Why drivers get lost
Driver shortages mean schools rely on new and less experienced drivers. Lack of easy navigation makes getting lost easy.
- Not all temporary and substitute drivers know the approved route.
- Routes may be complex, unfamiliar and feature roads or hazards that online mapping providers don’t show.
- One-off routes such as for field trips and outings may be challenging and unfamiliar.
- Getting back on route after being forced to take a detour may not be easy.
How to keep them on route
Put precise, turn-by-turn navigation on their tablet to steer them curbside, every time. Full-time, new, temp and substitute drivers alike.
- Provide drivers an easy-to-use navigation app on their tablet.
- Load the app with approved routes to destinations, including stops and events.
- Drivers follow clear, visual and/or audible directions that steer them curbside.
- Simplify each route with stop-by-stop directions, breaking the trip down one stop at a time.
- Choose a solution that’s easy for all drivers to use, especially those who aren’t tech-savvy.
What you need in a solution
Zonar OnRoute™ delivers clear, accurate, turn-by-turn directions in real time, so every driver knows the way—regardless of destination.
- Push approved routes to drivers’ tablets so they always follow the correct path.
- Audible and visual turn-by-turn directions steer drivers directly to approved destinations.
- Off-route alerts and safe reroutes quickly put them back on course.
- Drivers can record detailed routes on the fly to capture what mapping systems can’t.
- Easy-to-use interface and directions enable all drivers to steer curbside, every time.
- Meet state compliance by choosing to have the device lock down while bus is in motion (audio only), or have the screen on (audio and visual).